Tuesday, October 04, 2005

AWESOME

Brian Ulrich points out how the Sun-Times reporter that led the misinformed crusade against artist Kerry Skarbakka’s project at the MCA earlier this year is the same Sun-Times reporter that’s been all over the news for domestic battery. His name is Neil Steinberg.


Basquiat’s Dog by Dan Adam’s from Artists Ezine


And Mat Gleason, editor behind Coagula Art journal has found this nugget on Craigslit:
    I need help with my essay. It is about Jean Michel Basquiat. It is for my college. English is my 2nd language. This paper should be 8 pages, and it requiers reading & resurch. The paper is due on monday. For my PRO I got an F. Apparently I have no clue about what she wants! I need some one to come to my home and walk me through this. I possibly this friday, 9.30.05., The whole day. We talk about price when I feel the person is qualified enogh.
    Req: be able to read 1 chapter from my confusing book.
    Do reaserh on the artist.
    Explain it to me then we write the paper
    AND FINALY BE ABLE TO BE A GOOD TOTUR/ ART HISTORY KNOWLEDGE
    Job location is Santa Monica
    Compensation: $10-15 DEPENDE ON BACKGROUND
    This is a contract job.

Sadly, that is also the going rate for reviews in Chicago art magazines.

No comments: