Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cute Load

This Thursday I have video in a screening at mini dutch (a space with the brilliant motto "another apartment gallery"). Curated by Catie Olson, the program is entitled Cute Load. My piece, Unpacking Playtime, examines alternative structures of painting and the ostensible impossibility of pushing it forward. Also taken on is the argument many an uninitiated viewer expresses at the sight of modern and contemporary art, "my BLANK could do that!" In this case, it's testing if that's something my cat could do. Using a "Kitty-Casso" cat painting kit I received for Christmas, my cat and I set out to make a masterpiece. So you have serious aesthetic investigation and a funny animal video.

Thursday September 25 @ 7:30p
mini dutch
3111 W Diversey Ave
More info:
> SPIDERBUG
> PASS THE MINI DUTCHY

No comments: