Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just So You Know

Sure, we all know the College Art Association Conference is being held this week in Chicago. But where exactly in Chicago? The most specific answer I could find on the conference website is on the PDF of the press release which says it’s at the Hyatt Regency, but lists no address. So I Googled it only to find two Hyatt Regencies in Chicago. One on Wacker and one at McCormick place. Incidentally McCormick place is hosting the Chicago Auto Show this weekend. I won’t hold you in suspense any longer:

The College Art Association Conference
Hyatt Regency
151 E Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL
Feb 10 – 13, 2010


I don't know, maybe I'm an idiot. Even under "Conference Hotels" while it lists the Hyatt Regency, it doesn't specify that that is thee hotel. So I just thought I'd post the address for anyone planning on attending that doesn't know where it is. Now you know. Never mind. On the endless lists of sessions it says "Hyatt Regency," so maybe you put two and two together, cross-referencing the "conference hotels" page. Whatever. As for where "Columbus GHIJ, Gold Level, East Tower" is, you're on your own. I think we're all fucked, because if it's one thing I know about intellectuals and artists, it's that practical things like way-finding are not a strong suit.

> CONFERENCE SITE





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come in the main entrance where the loading unloading is. There will be escalators to your right. Take two escalators down and veer to the right and you're there.

..yeah, they really didn't want to be found.